I was thinking last night and again this morning about 9-11-2001.
It was just 3 days before my 16th birthday.
I was looking forward to Grandpa and Grandma Ring being home for my 16th birthday that year. They are missionaries in Russia. ( Now they go and visit for a short while.)
But they hadn't been home for my birthday for a while, and I was looking forward to them being home for it.
But all that changed...
I was washing dishes when my brother, Josiah, came down and said to turn on the radio.
He wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.
It wasn't.
Most everyone else was out digging potatoes out in the field.
We also were getting some things ready to take to the Albion Fair for later in the day.
It sure is interesting of what you remember doing at that time.
It is hard to believe that it has been 8 years all ready!
My Mom's, cousin's husband was on his way home from working with the band he was with at that time to be home for the birth of their second child and was in the second plane that hit the other Twin Tower in New York city. ( If I am remembering the details right!)
That brought that "close to home" in a sense.
These are just a few things that I remember about that day.
Grandpa and Grandma Ring came home a week later, after they allowed planes to fly again.
And a week after they arrived home then little sister,
Lydia Faith Ring was born on the 29th of September.
Even though they missed being home for my birthday they were home for Lydia's birth.
Lydia's due date was September 17th - Grandpa Ring's and Grandma Whitford's birthdays!
Night all! I hope you have a blessed Lord's day tomorrow!
It was just 3 days before my 16th birthday.
I was looking forward to Grandpa and Grandma Ring being home for my 16th birthday that year. They are missionaries in Russia. ( Now they go and visit for a short while.)
But they hadn't been home for my birthday for a while, and I was looking forward to them being home for it.
But all that changed...
I was washing dishes when my brother, Josiah, came down and said to turn on the radio.
He wasn't sure if it was a joke or not.
It wasn't.
Most everyone else was out digging potatoes out in the field.
We also were getting some things ready to take to the Albion Fair for later in the day.
It sure is interesting of what you remember doing at that time.
It is hard to believe that it has been 8 years all ready!
My Mom's, cousin's husband was on his way home from working with the band he was with at that time to be home for the birth of their second child and was in the second plane that hit the other Twin Tower in New York city. ( If I am remembering the details right!)
That brought that "close to home" in a sense.
These are just a few things that I remember about that day.
Grandpa and Grandma Ring came home a week later, after they allowed planes to fly again.
And a week after they arrived home then little sister,
Lydia Faith Ring was born on the 29th of September.
Even though they missed being home for my birthday they were home for Lydia's birth.
Lydia's due date was September 17th - Grandpa Ring's and Grandma Whitford's birthdays!
Night all! I hope you have a blessed Lord's day tomorrow!
3 comments:
That is a day we all will/should remember for a long time.
Yes, it is funny how we can remember so many details of what we were doing at the time of this event. And you were right about the details of my cousin's husband. This was very sad for them - for so many!
Hmm, that was interesting; and your writing style was really catchy--the post was cool!
I've given you an award - check my blog! ;)
Post a Comment