Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some Goat Milking Pictures


Esther and I milking Susanna.
We have found it easier and faster to both milk at the same time.
We have the stand under a little roof as it had been raining a few days before and we hadn't moved it back out to the small cement pad in front of the barn door.




" I think we are about done here."


Esther is peeking around the goat.


Taking Susanna back to the pen.


Bringing Viola Hope out to the milking stand.
Micah is holding Blackie back as Viola is scared of her.


Stripping Viola out before we milk her into the milk bucket and after we had wiped her off.
Esther and I milking.
Her hand is on the right and mine is on the left.


Bulls Eye!
We hit the hole!

The containers in the milk pail are ice blocks to start cooling the milk off.
This helps a lot with the taste of the goat milk! If it is not handled right it will have the "goat taste" also.


Viola eating.


Micah sitting on the bottom half of the barn door.


I think this is Caleb on the New Holland going to get the rake or mower or something like that.

We did not get any pictures of Rose being milked. The batteries ran out on the camera! :(

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You and Esther milking at the same time? That's cool!

Margaret Dashwood said...

Fun fun!! I hope we can come over soon so I can see them goaties...:D

Bethany