Hello Everyone!
It has been a while since I have written on here. Let's see what all has been happening...
Mercy and Grace had a good birthday. It was fun to watch them with everything. There are pictures on the family blog of the "party".
We have been busy with the field work that goes with having a farm. :) Dad and the Boys got the first cutting hay cut and chopped last week.
I think we are about done getting the gardens in. Mom, Hannah, Anna, Simeon and I were working on getting some herbs and flowers planted. We still have a few more things to put out there. I think we have a few melons to put out in one of the far gardens. It would be nice to get some more rain here soon. We have been a little dry but it hasn't been to bad yet. God has always provided for us even if it hasn't been a good year or not.
Dad is almost through the organic transition with the cows. July 8th or 9th is when the year transition is over with. If all the paperwork goes through we should be certified around then. There is a lot of paperwork with being organic! The only bad thing about going organic is that we are going to loose our milkman! :-( Mr. Mike M. has been our milkman for as long as I can remember! All of us are sad about loosing him.
Josiah and Erin decided to get married on July 4th! I know that I will be making the cake for the guests. It will be fun as I like to do cakes and stuff like that. I am sure there will be a lot of other things I will be helping with. :)
Esther and I have been separating the kids form the mama goats at night. That means milking in the mornings. :) I feel like making fudge! Maybe I will tomorrow to take to the Garden club meeting. I have this idea for a new fudge flavor in my head. I got to try it sometime soon! I have the flavoring for it... I am going to keep what it is under wraps until I know that it would turn out good. :)
Um, what else... I think that about sums it all up for the most part. At least I can't think of anything else right now. I better go and get the kids separated and feed my "kids" for the night. We are down to 2 feedings a day and soon we will be cutting out one of them as they are weaning also. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A fun, informational post! :) I can't wait for that fudge!!! That's too bad about your milkman. :(
As I comment I can smell fudge! Mmmmm! I'm glad you are going to leave some here for us to chow on, Bethany :)
I'm excited about all those herbs that we have planted! It will save money buying the spices!
I agree, we'll miss our milkman. :( :( :( But I'm excited about going organic!
Love ya, Beth!
-Esther-
Post a Comment