Here is a recipe that I have been asked for the recipe by several people who have had it.
So here it is! :)
So here it is! :)
Apple Pear Coffee Cake
10 Tablespoons Butter, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sour Cream ( I used yogurt instead)
2 to 6 Apples, chopped
1 to 3 Pears, chopped
1/2 cup Chopped nuts
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
Cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar in bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Mix four, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream or yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in fruit. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
Combine nuts, the other teaspoon of cinnamon, brown sugar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons butter in a bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees f. for 45 10 55 minutes,( 45 minutes is what it has taken me in our oven.), or until cake tests done.
You may substitute 1/2 cup chopped, drained canned pears for fresh pears.
I didn't have brown sugar when I made this recipe so I used 3/4 cup white sugar and about 1 to 2 Tablespoons Molasses.
Hope you all enjoy this!
10 Tablespoons Butter, softened
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sour Cream ( I used yogurt instead)
2 to 6 Apples, chopped
1 to 3 Pears, chopped
1/2 cup Chopped nuts
2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
Cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar in bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Mix four, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream or yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in fruit. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
Combine nuts, the other teaspoon of cinnamon, brown sugar, and remaining 2 Tablespoons butter in a bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees f. for 45 10 55 minutes,( 45 minutes is what it has taken me in our oven.), or until cake tests done.
You may substitute 1/2 cup chopped, drained canned pears for fresh pears.
I didn't have brown sugar when I made this recipe so I used 3/4 cup white sugar and about 1 to 2 Tablespoons Molasses.
Hope you all enjoy this!
3 comments:
Mmm, sounds pretty good! :) Just right for the season.
This is very good! Bethany sure can find and make some great treats for us. Give it a try, you'll really like it!
Love you Beth!
Thanks for the info and thanks for the samples. Very nice photos
Post a Comment