Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry CHRISTmas!!

On this day as we spend time with our family and friends, let us not forget the real reason for this season. What is the reason for the season you might ask. Is it just to get together with family and friends and eat cookies and all that kind of yummy food that we will splurge on this time of year?
( I know that I like to make all kinds of goodies this time of year.) Is it to spend our money on gifts for those we love? What is it really all about?
For me it is the day that has been set aside to celebrate the birth of the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS, JESUS CHRIST. And this day is not the only day that I think of the coming of Jesus. It is something I think about all year long.
The Gift that God has given us is the best gift anyone has given to me. Who do you know that would give their life for you and me that we might have life everlasting?!
I can't but help loving Him for the new life that He has given to me when through faith I asked Jesus to be my Savior and Lord.
I grew up knowing everything about Him. I have been told that at around age 5 I asked Jesus in to my heart, but I do not remember doing it. Over the years I would pray and ask again because I didn't think I was saved. I really don't know that I fully gave my lift to Christ then. I like to be in control of things and have some direction that I can follow. I like to know what I'm supposed to do and how to do everything. Honestly, I still struggle with this. God let me make a decision that left me hurt and broken several years ago now. I believe that it was His way of showing me that He wanted my ALL. Not part of me or my lip service, but ALL OF ME. God took and broke me to make me whole in Him. To be honest, I almost walked away from God. I felt that I was worthless to even Him. He never stopped loving me and working in my heart. And I am thankful that He didn't stop or give up one me.
I am not perfect. I am weak and still fall. God is still working on me. I am a slow learner. I don't think I will ever stop learning until I die. There is so much to learn.

Jesus Is the reason for the season!
Merry CHRISTmas!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Beth!

Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing; it is so exciting to hear how the Lord is worked in His children's lives.

Merry Christmas to you and all your family! Hope to see you girls soon!

Margaret Dashwood said...

Merry Christmas, Bethany!!
Looking forward to seeing you and the girls on Monday!!:D-Bethany

Margaret Dashwood said...

Hey, Bethany! When are you going to post again?!!:D No obligations!:D -Bethany

Grace said...

I need to! i just haven't made the time to do it. :(